CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Shawn Loves School

Ok mom, I'll update my blog :) Shawn has the same teacher Sierra had last year. This has added a measure of comfort for him, also in the fact that Sierra's classroom is next door. Mrs. McMellan is a great teacher and Shawn is digging right in. Every day he comes home with books he has written and all kinds of projects he has created. One day he came home with a man he had constructed out of scrap paper. I'm not kidding when I say the man was at least ten foot long. It was stuffed in his backpack. Hanging up that piece of art work was a trick.

I just have to tell you, yesterday Shawn came home with a book he had created and read it to me. He said, " This book is called The." I said , "ohhh?" He continued, "Well it's really called The Boat but I didn't know how to spell boat so I just called it The." He is so stinkin cute!!!!
At his open house Shawn showed off his favorite place in the room, the reading area. He created a paper person and had written a letter to mom and dad and placed them in his favorite spot in the room. I'm so glad he is enjoying school and that he is a pleasure to his teacher. He's a great kid.

1 comment:

GT Burley's said...

Great job Shawn!! I'm looking forward to hearing your story someday. Maybe you'll be an author. I'll have to get your autograph!! Love to you all, Tina