CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dan, Dan the Yo Yo Man



Dan is doing a great trick where is pretends to eat spaghetti (the string of his yo yo).
Last week my "little" brother Dan and his family came for a visit. Well it wasn't actually just for fun, my brother was doing a yo yo tour in the Traverse City area. Dan travels throughout Michigan, England and Australia putting on Yo Yo shows in schools. He teaches kids to Never give up, Encourage others and Do your best, and the vehicle for this message is his yo. I was surprised at how great his performance was. Not really surprised at Dan because I always knew he was amazing, but at the assembly it's self. He held the kids attentions for a good hour and there has been such a buzz around Traverse City since he came. Kids all over are learning how to yo yo. Even kids that I have spoken to who have attended this assembly in past years can still remember what the word NED stands for. Dan is truely amazing with his yo yo. I am so happy that he has found a job that fits him and where he can feel a sense of accomplishment in knowing he is making kids lives better. I'm so proud of him.
He made a crazy balloon hat for the girl that remembered the "Encourage Others" part of NED.

No comments: